Northern Frontier Section of the Green Mountain Club
The Northern Frontier Section includes (from south to north) Hazen's Notch (1,780 ft.), Bruce Peak (2,900 ft.),
Our section includes Jay Peak, Vermont's 8th highest mountain, Big Jay, Vermont's 12th highest mountain, and Laura Woodward Shelter, the highest overnight shelter on the Long Trail north of the Lamoille River.
|HIKERS: Hiking trails on state lands managed by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation and the Green Mountain Club are closed until Memorial Day weekend. Hikers are also strongly discouraged from using hiking trails in the Green Mountain National Forest until Memorial Day weekend.|
Officers / Volunteers
Facebook page for GMC Northern Frontier Section
Join the Club
* Become a member of the Green Mountain Club and help the GMC maintain and protect the Long Trail, America's oldest long distance hiking trail.
* Help the Green Mountain Club in its mission as steward of the Long Trail by becoming a member of the GMC.
* Give something back to the Long Trail by helping the Northern Frontier Section maintain the trails and shelters of the Long Trail system from Hazen's Notch north to Journey's End.
* Join other outdoor enthusiasts on hiking, paddling, snowshoeing and skiing trips.
* Join the GMC Northern Frontier Section today !
Membership Dues are as follows:
Individual $ 45
Please make check payable to Green Mountain Club and mail to Waterbury Center headquarters address below.
Green Mountain Club
Copyright © 2000 - 2022 Green Mountain Club - Northern Frontier Section